Position: Business Intelligence Engineer
Location: Nashville, TN
As Uniguest expands its fleet of public-use devices (+30,000 and growing), there is a corresponding, growing need for enhanced usage analytics and other metrics to provide insights both internally and to customers. This position will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting the company’s business intelligence framework.
In addition to product usage metrics, the company also has a growing need to analyze CRM and financial data across disparate systems. This position will also be responsible for enabling more thorough analysis of data across those systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with BA’s and internal stakeholders to determine business data reporting and analysis requirements.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions
- Perform database administration duties for product usage databases
- Lead data modelling and integration activities in data warehouse systems.
- Recommend and implement enhancements and modifications to optimize business intelligence processes.
- Assist in business report generation to internal and external customers for business decision making.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to identify new data requirements, analysis strategies and reporting mechanisms.
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms and train power users on their use.
- Assist in design and generation of reports in timely and accurate manner.
- Address business intelligence queries and issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintain documentation for all business intelligence processes.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Solid practical knowledge of MS/Azure SQL: queries, stored procedures, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience in database administration
- Familiarity with customer-facing report access (via portal, etc.)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Use of excellent verbal and written communication skills with our customers and sales team
- Able to help the organization set priorities, adhere to deadlines to meet goals, and adapt to schedule changes
- High level of personal, work and professional ethics
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field preferred